It will not take you more than 30 minutes and you only need 3 main ingredients. Baked mozzarella chicken rolls can be served as main course or appetizers, hot or cold. And kids seem to love them…because, hey, it`s a fancy chicken!
Ingredients for 2 servings:
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 fresh mozzarella cheese ball, thinly sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Pound the pieces of chicken until they are thin and have expanded in surface area (good to go for filling).
2. Salt and pepper the chicken breasts.
3. Place the chicken breasts on a flat working surface. Put a spoonful of mozzarella filling right in the middle of each piece and some fresh basil leaves and roll the chicken up.
3. Oil a large baking dish and preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Place the rolls in the dish and bake for 15 minutes.
4. Once they are ready, take them out of the oven, let them rest for 5 minutes, then evenly slice them. Serve with dip of choice.