When you’re in the mood for a quick and tasty meal, whip up these chili beef wraps. The Gordon Ramsay recipe brings a twist to it as he’s not using the classic wraps but lettuce. Fresh and delicious!
Ingredients for 4 servings
Olive oil used for frying
200g minced beef
200g minced pork
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1–2 red chilies, chopped
1 piece of root ginger, chopped
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp fish sauce (or No-Fish Sauce)
Zest of 1 lime, juice of ¹/³
3 green onions, finely chopped
salt and black pepper
2 little gem lettuces, separated into leaves, to serve
How to make the dressing
1 tbsp soy sauce
juice of a half of a lime
1 tsp sesame oil
½ red chili, finely sliced
1 chopped bunch of coriander leaves
1 tbsp fish sauce, to taste
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tbsp olive oil
- Add a little oil into a large frying pan and heat it up. Then mix the minced beef and pork together. Add salt and pepper and mix again well to make sure all the meat is well seasoned. Now fry the mince meat in the hot pan for 5–7 minutes until it gets brown and broken down to a fine consistency. Use a sieve to drain the mince as this will keep it crispy, then set it aside.
- Clean out the pan with a paper towel and add a tablespoon of sesame oil. Now add the garlic, chili and ginger. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and sugar then fry for 2 minutes. Add the drained mince and stir to mix.
- It’s time to add the fish sauce and heat through. Also stir in the lime zest and juice, then add the green onions and stir for 30 seconds. Turn off the heat.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together and season to taste.
- Serve it originally, spooning some of the mince mixture into the lettuce leaves, and drizzle with a little dressing.