Recommended by Chef Ricardo, simple and quick, this grilled salmon with tomato confit and artichokes recipe is perfect for any dinner. The perfectly balanced flavor of vegetables and salmon will be a delight for everyone.
Ingredients for 4 servings
2 shallots, thinly sliced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
30 ml (2 tablespoons) of olive oil
1 can of 398 ml (14 oz) of artichoke in water, drained and halved
280 g (2 cups) cherry tomatoes
15 ml (1 tablespoon) maple syrup
5 ml (1 teaspoon) harissa
1 1/2 lb (675 g) salmon fillet with skin, cut into 4 slabs
30 ml (1 tablespoon) chopped chives
1 lemon sliced (optional)
1. Brown the shallots and garlic in a sauce pan, over medium heat.
2. Add the artichokes and cook for 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and continue cooking for about 5 minutes or until tomatoes begin to sag.
3. Salt and pepper to taste and keep warm until the salmon is cooked.
4. Preheat oil in a frying pan and grill the salmon for 8 minutes turning it on each side. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve salmon with vegetables. Sprinkle with chives.