When you want to prepare an Italian recipe just like Jamie Oliver does it, then just try Penne Arrabbiata, with the ‘American twist’! It’s quick, delicious and hot and you only need a few ingredients.
Ingredients for 4 servings
400 g pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 pcs chilli pepper
4 cloves garlic
50 ml vodka
zest from one lemon
tomato passata (400 g)
2 anchovies fillets
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring water to the boil and cook the pasta according to package instructions. Heat oil in a large sauce pan and cook the chilli peppers (without seeds) for 2 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and the anchovies and cook everything for another 2-3 minutes, on medium heat.
3. Pour in the passata and season with salt and pepper. Bring this mixture to a boil and then add the vodka and let it all simmer for a few minutes. Stir constantly.
4. Drain the paste and mix it with the sauce.
5. Divide the pasta into 4 bowls and sprinkle some basil leaves, lemon zest and lemon juice. Serve with parmesan.