This Spaghetti Puttanesca recipe makes a restaurant quality dinner at home on a cold Friday night. It’s simple and flavorful. Enjoy!
Ingredients for 4 servings
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 large garlic cloves, chopped
1 can peeled tomatoes in puree with basil (or 4 peeled fresh tomatoes)
1/2 cup Kalamata olives, halved, no kernel
3 anchovy fillets, chopped
1 1/2 tbsp drained capers
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried crushed red pepper
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oil in large pot over medium heat.
2. Add garlic and sauté about 1 minute. Then add anchovies, tomatoes with puree, olives, capers, oregano, and crushed red pepper.
3. Simmer sauce over medium-low heat until thickened, and break up tomatoes with a spoon, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Careful on the salt, the anchovies and capers are already salty.
4. In the mean time, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender. Drain pasta and add it to the saucepan. Add parsley and toss over low heat until the sauce coats pasta for about 3 minutes.
5. Serve with grated cheese.