Whether you have to deal with a small kitchen or maybe you’re already enjoying a spacious one but still wondering if you’re missing something, take a look at this list of things that you should have. Of course, you can build around this some more!
1. Knives – The chef’s knife is primordial in every kitchen as it is most used. A minimum set of knives should include an 8-inch chef’s knife, a bread knife, a small parring knife, a carving knife and a 6-inch vegetable knife.
2. Preparation bowls – These are life savers in the kitchen. Don’t hesitate to buy different sizes, from the smallest to the largest, plastic or metal.
3. Cutting boards – different sizes and at least 3.
4. Cutlery (for cooking) – Wooden spoons, a rigid spatula, a soft spatula, a silicone mixing spoon, a soup ladle, 2 serving spoons, a whisk, a potato masher, short and long tongues.
5. Pots & Pans & Platters – the more, the merrier: soup pots, wok, pancake pan, frying pan, sauce pans, baking pans, different size platters
6. Strainers – at least 2, different sizes
Appliances differ from kitchen to kitchen, usually depending on its size or functionality: stove, oven, fridge, microwave, kitchen sink, food processor, blender, toaster.
These are a must, but your feedback is welcomed!